We at Conscientious Annang People’s Assembly have watched with keen interest the unfolding of the 2019 general elections, and having also carefully considered the facts and intrigues that played out in determining the result, we plead with HE, Senator Godswil Obot Akpabio, to in the light of the following facts, call off his challenge of the result at the tribunal, as this would open further avenues for people who cannot matched his record of attainment and accomplishment to wax their mouths and pour invectives on him.
(Conscientious Annang People Assembly)
- .1. That the people really wanted and would have happily elected Senator Godswil Akpabio to represents them at the red chamber of the National Assembly, but for the shady, greed and ineffective execution of the election by his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC), in the state. Eg.
i) We have engaged, interrogated and listened to old and uneducated women who thought they voted for “BROTHER GODDY”, casting their votes for the umbrella, without knowing that the Umbrella doesn’t symbolized “ABRO CODY” anymore. And with the simple fact that a particular team members choose to sabotage the performance of their team would not in any way make the umpire to cancel the matched.
ii That our elections in Nigeria is a highly monetized one, and with the PDP paying so much money to the electorates, prior and during the elections more than the APC, the result only shows clearly who wins, as it would automatically be for the highest bidder.
iii) That the APC did not do any work, canvassing for votes as the PDP did.
iv) That the leadership of the APC in the state, more especially in the local government’s level undermined the chances of the party by their greed and their beliefs of what determine electoral result.
v) That there was a ganged up, not only from the opposition party, the PDP, but there was also a grandeur ganged up, even from within the APC to thwart the chances of the former governor and Senator.
- 2. The APC talked their selves into a corner. It is actually only the APC in Akwa Ibom state that want to go to steal in someone’s house, and are telling you all in to-to how, when, why and, even the types of arm they would be coming with and how and when they are going to shot. EG.
i) It was a common and an open knowledge in Akwa Ibom state among the APC members, even among their Media team, even lawyers to bragged openly that they control the security, INEC and every major players of the electoral system, and as such, everything had already been concluded.
ii) They vindictively bragged that, “The same pattern AKISEC, ie, the Akwa Ibom State Independent Electoral Commission and the security used in dicing the 2017 LG election, would be the same pattern INEC and the security would used in dicing the 2019 general election, since INEC and the security are controlled by the federal.
- 3. That Buhari allowed rigging in some states of the federation, eg Kano, Lagos, Kaduna, etc, and did not allowed in Akwa Ibom
- 4. Considering the quantum of work the PDP put in, APC did not measure up.
- 5. The Umpire is not corporative, and as such, it would be difficult to win against an umpire that had already, from the unset shown you that he is not ready to cooperate with you. It is like a teacher taking your report to the school Principal. (What chances do you stand?
- 6. With reports reaching us, that APC family in the South-South, and those of the Uyo Senatorial district had an interest that was different from that of Senator Godswil Akpabio, (Sabotage from within)
- 7. The people played party, and not candidates, and the PDP had already established a strong root in Akwa Ibom state, which the APC’s recent emergence wasn't capable of dislodging.
- 8. That the government of the APC, under President Mohammadu Buhari (PMB) in the last four (4) years, didn’t do anyone any good, and as such, the party he joined also played its role in his failure at the elections.
- 9. If what the Senator elect, HE, Dr. Chris Ekpeyong said on Comfort fm, which no one has come out to refute, as regards what played out at collation centers/ INEC offices, more especially of the Abak5 and Ikot Ekpene, is anything to go by, we would rather advised that we let sleeping dog lie, and call off the pursuit, rather pay a surprise visit to Ukarakpa at his Obot Akara home, close rank for the sake of the people they are representing and seek ways of joining force to improve the Annang nation.
iii) nd base on this findings, we plead with HE, Senator Godswil Obot Akpabio, to in the light of these fact withdraws and discontinue his pursuit of the electoral outcome, as conti