Desperate Situation they say equally requires desperate measures, as leaders have started resorting to the traditional and unscientific ways, our ancestors used to solve their social ills in their time, to solve today’s problem.
Uduot Ekpo UKo (Reporter)
The extra ordinary meeting and communiqué was presided over by the HRM Edidem Apostle (Dr.) Ntoeng Udo Effiong Akpan, JP, Amb. P., POP, Paramount Ruler of Ini Local Government Area and Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Council of Chiefs as ably represented by the Paramount Ruler of Ikot Abasi Local Government Area, HRM Edidem Udo Joe Ntuk Obom Xll, and was attended by Paramount Rulers, Clan Heads, Village Heads and other Traditional Rulers of Akwa Ibom State.
After exhaustive deliberations on the current political situations in the oil-rich State and the need for peaceful electoral process before, during and after, the Royal Fathers resolved as follows;
1. The meeting having reviewed the historical perspective of Akwa Ibom State and the need for justice, fairness, oneness, unity, and equity, affirmed the rotational principle in the political governance of Akwa Ibom State.
2. Accordingly, the Council affirmed that since Akwa Ibom North East and Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial Districts had taken their turns respectively to produce Governors of Akwa Ibom State from 1999-2007 and 2007 – 2015, with each of the occupants having eight (8) years of two tenures each, same principle should apply to the current incumbent who is from Akwa Ibom South Senatorial District.
3. In this wise, the conclave affirmed total support for Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel the current Governor to serve for two terms of eight (8) years and after which political power will shift to Akwa Ibom North East senatorial district in 2023 in line with the unity accord in Akwa Ibom State.
4. The Council emphasized that justice and fairness remains cardinal ingredients for unity and development to prevail and as such politics or personal ambition should not be taken to the extreme or allowed to distort the well-established unity accord in Akwa Ibom State.
5. The council call on the Akwa Ibom State electorate to go out en-mass to participate in the Gubernatorial and State House of Assembly Elections on Saturday, March 09, 2019
6. The Meeting urged the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC), to ensure free, fair, credible, transparent and acceptable elections. It also advised the Police, Army and other security agencies to ensure impartiality in their security support and coverage of the elections.
7. The Council admonished all Akwa Ibom people to maintain peace and order and directed all traditional rulers to take the message of peace as proclaimed by the conclave to their clans, villages, hamlets and domains.
For and on behalf of the enlarged meeting of Akwa Ibom State Council of Chiefs:
HRM Edidem Apostle (Dr.) Ntoeng Udo Effiong Akpan, JP, Amb. P., POP, Paramount Ruler of Ini Local Government Area
Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Council of Chiefs.
His Eminence, Nteyin Solomon Daniel Etuk, JP,
Paramount Ruler of Nsit Ubium Local Government Area,
Oku Ibom Ibibio and Patriarch of Ibibio Land
HRM Edidem Udo Joe Ntuk Obom Xll
Paramount Ruler of Ikot Abasi Local Government Area
HRM Owong (Dr.) Effiong Bassey Archianga, JP, FCE, FCAI
Paramount Ruler of Ibeno LGA
National President of TROMPCON
HRM Okuku (Dr.) Pius Effiong Esideh 111 (JP)
Itai Afe Annang
HRM Owong (Hon) Edet Okon Isemin
Paramount Ruler of Mbo LGA
HRM Odidem Bassey Etim Edet, JP, Eti Oyo Ekpo 11,
Paramount Ruler of Udung Uko LGA
HRM Okuku (Dr) Ime Udousoro Inyang
Paramount Ruler of Ibiono Ibom
HH Etinyin Edet Nyong Ekeng
Clan Head of Idua
Assembly of Clan Heads, AKS
Eteidung Monday Etian Udoaka-Ebe
Village Head – Abiakkpo Ikot Abasi
Eduo – Obot Akara LGA
President Mboho Mme Eteidung, Aks
HRM Edidem E C D. Abia, FCA,
Attah Ekid Afid
Paramount Ruler, Eket LGA